Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2002 in review

The year started off with Joe in his 2nd quarter of school at SFCC. He was doing a full load and he was working for a company in Liberty Lake doing Microsoft support. I know a long drive and busy schedule. I was 6 months pregnant with Gabbie and we still lived in a one bedroom apartment. We wanted to move. In March we became managers for Cheney Real Estate and moved into a 2 bd apt. This was our 6th move in less then 2 years of marriage. Crazy I know. Managing apt was nice and an answer to prayers, but I will never do it again.

We had a lot of snow that year, and we had to shovel all of the side walks before a certain time each day. Most of the time Joe did it, however there were the times that I had to get out there, 8 months pregnant and shovel show. It sucked. I only mention this because I don't recommend shoveling snow when your 8 months pregnant.

Gabbie was born May 2, 2002. My in laws were able to come and stay with Cordin while I was in the hospital and Joe had to work. Her delivery went smoothly. We went in at 10 in the morning and had her at 10 that night. It was a Saturday. She weighed 8lbs 3 oz and was 21in long. She had some issues with jaundice and had to be put on the lights. Thankfully we were able to do it at home. She had to be under them for 3 days. Other then that she was healthy and strong.

Shortly after Gabbie's birth Joe lost his job with Microsoft. We were a little distressed at the time but it ended up being a blessing. Joe was able to get on with the school doing work study in the area he was studying. He was able to add this to his resume which helped him in the long run.

The summer was pretty much a blur. New babies will do that to you. Joe went to school all year round so he didn't really get much of a break. He did pretty well in school. I think he enjoyed it. He had a little bit of an adjustment since he was older then most of the students there. It was a pretty quiet summer. We spent a lot of time at the kiddy pool in Cheney. It was free and we were poor.

The fall meant Joe was starting his second year of school. We had our first "Crunch" time with the apartments, when all the students move in for the new school year, we had to check them in. That was crazy. Long days toting a 4 month old in a pack and a two year old that didn't understand why mommy and daddy couldn't play. Thank heaven we had my brother and sisters to come and help. The Holidays were uneventful. We stayed in Washington again and spent them with my family. That pretty much rounds out the year. I know not very exciting huh?