Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby news and other stuff

This past couple of weeks have been really good. I completely forgot to write about the wonderful sister that I have. Bev threw me a baby shower on the 28Th of Feb. She is such a great sister. It turned out to be a really nice time. Not that I expected it to go any other way. We had it at her house. About 10 ladies came which was great. We had a small lunch and then played some games and opened presents. I received some really nice things that will come in handy when this little one decides to come out. It was a lot of fun to see some people that I haven't seen in a while. We had a great time.

This past weekend I was feeling a little bit under the weather. I was having some dizziness and shortness of breath so I have to take it easy. I really wanted to get my house clean for when the baby comes and was feeling really overwhelmed so I called on my wonderful family to come and help, and they did. Bryan and Rachel came on Friday with Brent and Breanne to start the cleaning process. We worked on getting the kids rooms in order and cleaning the downstairs completely. It was amazing what they were able to accomplish in that evening. Then on Saturday everyone came, all of my siblings, we caught up the laundry and cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen and pretty much everywhere else. It was so wonderful to know that they love me enough to come and help me clean my house. I have such a great family. I think that we are going to make it an annual thing where we rotate through the year to each house and clean it from top to bottom. It goes so much faster when there are more helping hands to get the job done. I will always be grateful to my amazing family. They really are a great bunch of people. I am truly blessed to have them.

Yesterday I had another doctors appointment. I went in a 9 for an ultrasound so they could get an idea of how big baby is. They did a bunch of measurements and they came back that she is around 9lbs now. Which means that she will be closer to 10 by the time she is born. The technician also said that it looked like she has about an inch of hair on her head. I am so excited to meet her. When the doctor checked me he said that I am dialated to 2cm but baby hasn't engaged yet so there is still some time before I have her. He did say that once the process really starts it probably won't take very long. He thinks that I will go sometime this nest week. I hope that he is right. I really don't want to have a 12 pound baby. I go in again on Thursday the 19Th. If I haven't had her by then we will probably induce since I am due the 23rd. Hopefully a baby will be here in the next 10 days. After my appointment I decided that I was done working so Dr. Barrong wrote me a note saying that I needed to go on maternity leave now. I took it into Wal-mart and filled out all the necessary paper work to change my date and am now officially on leave. I am so grateful to not have to work. It was getting really hard. Now I can work on completing that last little details before baby comes. I feel much less stress now that I don't have to worry about having a baby at wal-mart.


Bill and Maggie said...

Yeah - glad you get some time off of work! Looking forward to hearing about the newest Kearns.